Thursday, December 07, 2006

Booking Through Thursday




Booking Through Thursday


  1. Do you like to keep your books nearby? Do you collect them? Pile, stack, shelve, hoard them? Or do you get rid of them, send them back to the library, give them away, once you've read them?

I keep my books nearby. Many are shelved. Many others are piled or stacked on shelves, tables, the floor, my night table. . . I keep many of the academic or non-fiction works and some of the best fiction. I also keep anthologies and reference works. I give away most of the fiction and some of the non-fiction.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

i unfortunately don't have a lot of books. i generally go to the library - it's cheaper. it boggles my mind how expensive books can be

Evie said...

Books can be expensive. They're one of the few luxuries I spend any kind of money on. I have to force myself to remember to buy clothes occasionally (once every year or two), but I'll drop money on books without thinking about it at all. The only questions are which ones to get this time and which ones to put off until later.

I frequently buy used books. Or I buy them on the bargain table when stores are selling their overstock. And the books I review are free.

Jenn said...

lovin' the christmas card and stamp - thanks!