Saturday, April 03, 2010

Easter Surprise

You may be aware that it's Cherry Blossom time in Washington, DC. We've had beautiful spring weather for the past week or so, and the cherry blossoms are out in full force. As are the tourists. Dave and I got up early this morning to drive downtown and take pictures of the cherry blossoms. We got there at 6:40 a.m. and found that all the parking places were full and there were tourists everywhere. So, we turned around and came home. I crawled back into bed. I don't know what Dave did. We decided that we'd go to bed early tonight and get downtown around 5:30 a.m. tomorrow. And, hopefully, get ahead of at least some of the crowd.

Joshua started his spring break yesterday and, the last time we'd heard from him, he was planning to go to Florida with some friends.

So we thought.

Guess who walked through the front door about 30 minutes ago? Joshua, accompanied by Jonathan, Maggie and Ally. They all conspired to surprise us and they pulled it off perfectly.

Last night, as Jonathan puttered around his room, he asked me what Joshua's spring break plans were. I repeated the Florida story and he kept a completely straight face! Kids!

As you can guess, I'm well pleased with my surprise and am getting ready to enjoy dinner with my children.

Ciao.

No comments: