Sunday, April 03, 2011

Paradise Lost

Dave and I returned from Jamaica late last night. He took many more photos than I did, so I'll just post a few here. Check his facebook page for more details.

As you can see from this photo, he began the trip by conserving energy.

The airport in Montego Bay, Jamaica is located right next to the sea. This was a bit of scenery we saw from our bus window on the way from the airport to our resort.

This is where we stopped for a pit stop on the bus ride from Montego Bay to Negril. Yes, that's our bus.
This was the street just outside our pit stop.

In addition spending many hours drifting in the sea on foam mats, we did some snorkeling.
We also went to Rick's Cafe to watch some cliff diving. We were supposed to see the sunset too, but some idiots on our bus had booked dinner reservations back at the resort for the same time as sunset at Rick's. Dave heroically restrained me from throttling them.

If we go to Rick's again some day, I'm staying for the sunset, even if I have to hurt someone to do it.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

It looks like a beautiful place.
I think someone needed to suggest to the people that they forgo their dinner reservations rather than ruin everyone else's plans!

Dotti said...

Welcome home! Sounds like you had a lovely trip. Krista and Adam went to Jamaica on their honeymoon and want to go back. How about you? Would you like to go back?

Evie said...

@Barb: I was tempted to make that very suggestion, but Dave probably would have been embarrassed if I'd done so.

@ Dotti: It was a nice, relaxing week. We'd like to go back in a couple of years. Some folks we met think we all should go back at the same time next year. We'll have to think about that...