Saturday, November 11, 2006

My New Book Review Blog

I'm pleased to announce that I've launched a new book review blog. You can check it out here. I've also added a link at the bottom of my page in the Sites of Interest section.

I've launched the new blog for several reasons.

First, I've limited my book review postings on this blog to books that I think may be of interest to the readers whom I know visit here.

Second, I've usually only posted positive reviews here. I have not felt that it was appropriate to post less-than-favorable reviews at a site intended primarily to share personal and family news. All of my reviews - good and bad - are posted at the Book Pleasures site because that is an appropriate professional outlet for them. I figure a blog dedicated solely to discussing books is another professional outlet for all of my reviews.

Third, I read a lot of books. Writing reviews challenges me to think carefully about what I read and helps me retain professional discipline. I might as well publish the reviews in as many outlets as possible.

I hope you'll keep visiting both of my blogs. Feel free leave comments at both sites too, so that I know you're visiting. And read lots of books!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I will visit both blogs. ...and I will put a link to the other blog on mine, if that's OK with you.

Evie said...

Barb, feel free to add a link. I'd like to get lots of traffic there, family and otherwise.