Thursday, January 11, 2007

I'm Really Late With These. . .

I know Christmas is long past, but I finally finished the roll of film that was in my camera and got these back yesterday. That's one of the drawbacks of using film. I usually post my digital pics on the same day that I take them, or the next day.

Anyway, I caught the guys lounging around in the living room and had to try out my brand new flash diffuser.



The final photo is one I took of the Christmas tree using my brand new cross-screen (sometimes called star) filter. I think I'm going to enjoy this toy.

8 comments:

Joanne said...

Love the effect of the tree!

PS: Is it just me, or is David's forhead getting "higher"?

Evie said...

David says it's the camera angle.

Christian said...

My wife tells me my forehead is getting higher too!

I always have a hard time posting more than one picture. It rarely lets me. Do you use the new blogger or the old one?

Evie said...

Chris - I recently switched to the new blogger. It's much faster than the old one. Are you using a fast connection, like DSL? Also, how large are your photo files? You can reduce them a lot (save under a different name) for use on the web.

Barbara said...

I've been wanting to get a star filter for a couple of years now. Evie, how come you didn't get anyone to snap one of you?

Jenn said...

wow - if i didn't know any better, i would say that the top two photos are of people who are related!

Evie said...

Barb - I prefer being behind the camera rather than in front o fit.

Jenn - I hadn't noticed it before, but you're right: Jonathan and Dave are wearing very similar expressions. They always look like that when I get the camera out. And Joshua always wears an embarrassed grin.

Erik said...

Nice pictures, it seems as if your furniture will seriously prevent people being on time at meetings, doing the dishes, vacuum-cleaning, going out for shopping and school, etc. The Christmas tree is very nice, with that angel on top of it! My little son would love it, too! Personally I am still hesitating putting portraits of my friends&family on the Internet, except for my dog (see my last posting. HOw do you feel about that?