Tuesday, September 08, 2009

OBX3

I don't know if you've been tracking the weather in these parts. The weather has been frightful since we arrived at the campground on Sunday night. We had heavy winds and rainfalls for nearly two days. The rain finally stopped around 8:00 or so this morning. The winds have settled down somewhat, but it's still pretty windy out there. Dave and I got down to the beach for a few minutes before brunch. I'll post two of the photos I took here.

The first one was experimental. Since the wind was blowing, I set my camera at a slow shutter speed to catch the movement of the grass and played with multiple exposures. Then, I played with the lighting and coloring. This is what I came up with - I was trying for an ethereal, impressionist effect.


I also took some high speed shots of a series of waves as they broke on the beach - more experimentation. The idea here was to capture waves in motion. You'll probably have to click on the photo to get a better look at what I was trying to do.


That's all I'm going to post for the moment. I'm going to wander back down to the beach before it rains again.

No comments: